Try our dairy-free buttery spread for a smooth substitute in your favorite recipes. One of our favorites is this creamy potato soup.
- 1/4 cup milkadamia Buttery Spread
- 48oz vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon milkadamia Buttery Spread
- 6 cups finely diced potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 6 tablespoons milkadamia Buttery Spread
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 3 cups milkadamia, Unsweetened Milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnishes: micro-greens, toasted pepitas
- In a large pot, sauté potatoes, onion, celery, and garlic in 1 tbsp of buttery spread for about 5 minutes. Add broth and bouillon, bring to boil; reduce and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Drain the vegetables, reserve the liquid. Place the vegetables and 1 cup of the liquid in a blender, work in batches if necessary, and process until the mixture is smooth, but some pieces of potato remain.
- Return puree to the pot, stirring to combine, and simmer the soup over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan make a roux by heating the Buttery Spread over low heat until melted; whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, or until the flour is toasted burned. Gradually add the milkadamia milk, cooking until the mixture is slightly thickened to the consistency of a cream sauce. Add to soup puree, stirring until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dish out in bowls. Garnish with micro-greens or toasted pepitas (can toss pepitas with chipotle powder and saute for 3-5 mins).