milkadamia Penne Vodka
Time: ~30 minutes (minus soaking macadamias)
milkadamia Buttery Spread and Unsweetened Milk add a lactose free flare to this traditional Italian dish.
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp milkadamia Buttery Spread
- 2 Tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 14.5 oz cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup macadamias, soaked for ~2 hours
- 3/4 cup milkadamia Unsweetened Milk
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté the onions in Buttery Spread and macadamia oil in a saucepan over medium heat until soft. Add garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vodka. Cook and reduce for 2-3 minutes, then pour in the tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Add the soaked macadamias, milk and nutritional yeast to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add tomato mixture to blender; blend until mixed.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan with the cooked pasta and combine.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and add salt and pepper to taste.