milkadamia Penne Vodka
Time: ~30 minutes (minus soaking macadamias)
Pure Macadamia Oil and macadamia Unsweetened add a lactose free flare to this traditional Italian dish.
- 4 c. penne pasta
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Pure Macadamia Oil
- 1 c. vodka
- 2 14.5 oz cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 c. macadamias, soaked for ~2 hours
- ¾ c. milkadamia Unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté the onions in macadamia oil in a saucepan over medium heat until soft. Add garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vodka. Cook and reduce for 2-3 minutes, then pour in the tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Add the soaked macadamias, milk and nutritional yeast to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add tomato mixture to blender; blend until mixed.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan with the cooked pasta and combine.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and add salt and pepper to taste.