- 1⁄4 cup + 1 tablespoon of milkadamia’s pure macadamia oil
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (dried and
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped red onion (about 1⁄2 small red onion)
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh parsley (mostly leaves but small stems are ok)
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh cilantro (mostly leaves but small stems are ok)
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (about 25 twists) freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour 1⁄4 cup of milkadamia’s pure macadamia oil into a large baking sheet with raised edges, spread around until the pan is completely coated.
- Add the chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and the tablespoon of milkadamia’s pure macadamia oil. Process until smooth.
- Scoop approximately 11⁄2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time. Shape the falafel into small balls about 11⁄2 inches in diameter and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through baking until they are dark golden all around.