Skip to content
Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
- 8 cups sweet potatoes (about 4 large potatoes)
- ½ cup milkadamia, Unsweetened Vanilla Milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milkadamia Buttery Spread, melted
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 3–4 tablespoons milkadamia Buttery Spread
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until the sweet potatoes tender. Drain and let cool
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, oats, oat flour, and brown sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture is sandy. Set aside.
- Mash sweet potatoes in a large bowl with a fork, then add milkadamia through cloves. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the casserole dish and sprinkle topping. Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown.