Skip to content
Vegan Corn Chowder
- 1 Tbsp milkadamia Buttery Spread
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 4-5 cups sweet corn (fresh or frozen, we love roasted frozen corn)
- 8 oz milkadamia Unsweetened Creamer
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped radish
- In a Dutch oven (or large pot) melt Buttery Spread over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, poblano, diced potatoes and corn and sauté for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes start to soften.
- Slowly stir in the Unsweetened Creamer and vegetarian broth, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan as you stir. Stir in salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes uncovered or until the potatoes are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- To give a creamy texture, blend half of the soup (recommend placing a towel over the blender to protect from splatters given the heat of the liquid); return to the pot. Stir to blend; taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- To serve, mix topping ingredients and sprinkle on soup. Serve with tortilla chips or warmed corn tortillas.