Time: ~60 minutes
Manga! Manga! Our butter alternative creates a flavor-packed pasta dish the whole family will love.
- 2 Tbsp milkadamia Buttery Spread
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp shallots, diced finely
- 1 celery stalk, diced finely
- 1 medium carrot, diced finely
- 1/4 large eggplant peeled, diced finely
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (pick your favorite, diced finely)
- 1/2 cup cooked brown lentils
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp miso
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup milkadamia Unsweetened Milk
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Chopped herbs
- Grated vegan parmesan cheese
- Melt Buttery Spread in a Dutch oven (or medium pan) over low heat. Add the garlic, onion, carrot, celery and eggplant. Sauté for roughly 5 minutes until softened. Add mushrooms and continue to stir for another 5 minutes. Add lentils and walnuts, and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add the wine and bay leaf; scrape any bits stuck on the bottom of the pot. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the tomato paste and miso. Cook and stir for about 3-5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, tomato sauce, milk and nutritional yeast. Return sauce to a simmer, reduce to low heat and cover the saucepan. Cook another 20-30 minutes.
- Serve sauce over your favorite pasta (regular or gluten-free) top with garnishes.