Vegan Chocolate Torte
Servings: Serves 8
Raise the bar with big chocolate taste. milkadamia Buttery Spread adds a velvety-finish that will satisfy any dessert lover.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup milkadamia, buttery spread melted.
- Garnish: Raspberries, strawberries, cherries, and powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line an 8 in springform pan with parchment paper and grease the pan with buttery spread
- Place onto a baking sheet (can line with parchment to catch drips)
- Combine cocoa powder, brown sugar, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the baking chocolate and buttery spread together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until completely melted or melt in microwave, 30 seconds at a time and stir so as to not overcook.
- Combine the melted chocolate mixture with the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the batter into pan and smooth top.
- Bake for about 60 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing the sides of the springform, and allow to cool completely before wrapping in saran wrap and placing it in the fridge overnight to firm.
- Once firm, garnish and serve.